Sunday, November 15, 2009

'2012' Destroys Box Office Competition Raking In nearly $225 Million Globally



Hmm...Hmmm... Did I hear $225 Million yep that's what '2012' raked in over the weekend seems the apocalypse is in...U.S. receipts add up to a very respectable $65 million which is a very good showing for a film that was chastised by many film critics, but hey what do those balcony backseat blowhards really know. The real news is the global reach this movie got over the weekend shattering records for opening movies especially one that isn't a sequel or based on a book.

Now this is good news since really I'm more interested in a post '2012' what really happens to the few survivors. Can mankind pick up the pieces? Can we survive? What is the fate of human continuity and are we able to adapt after an apocalypse? Bring it on '2013' we'll be watching for further news on abc and Roland Emmerich come together to bring a possible epic post apocalypse TV series.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
Since the seventies when I first saw Planet of the Apes I have been a post apocalyptic fan and still today I seek more knowledge about the aftermath.